Thoughts #2: Missions Caravan 2017

You might be wondering why my title is similar to 100 Tula Para Kay Stella movie which has Tula #1, and you're right. I got this idea from that movie. For those who haven't watched the movie, please do watch. It's a good movie. It reminds me of crazy college days and I wish I could turn back time. I enjoyed so much taking part in different school activities, sports club, performing arts theater, chess club, English Club and Math Club. Below is the picture of the movie and the link of the trailer. Check it out. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9E9cjs6Ai8

Credit to the owner. I grabbed the picture from google and the video from youtube. I don't own any of these. 

Okey, now let's go back to #MissionsCaravan. It's an annual event held at Victory The Fort BGC, one of EN churches. This is held to give a progress report of the missions last year, the current year and the plans for next year. This is done to personally thank all who support the missions in whatever way they can. It is my second time to be invited to this event, and I would say, it is always worth coming to. You will go home more inspired and encouraged to continue to support this kind of project. Not only that, you are encouraged to dream and dream big and take that step of faith 'cause God challenged us to test His generosity and faithfulness as long as we seek His kingdom and ask Him to grant our heart's desires provided that our plans are aligned with His.

Aside from the inspiring speech and videos, you are treated with delicious snacks and drinks and you get to meet fellow believers and partners of this project. 

Here's my 2016 pic. I grabbed it my instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/BIwBlVUgVXuASCzEBBK5FIT6SPUWaxkxKo65lw0/?hl=en&taken-by=malou_here

As soon as I got there, I made myself a cup of coffee. Yey, coffee girl. I love coffee.

That's outside of the function hall enjoying my cup of coffee. I come here every week but this is the only time i get to take a pic of this world map. :) 


yeah, here's my coffee. :) 
After my coffee, I went in and listened to the speeches of the pastors. I was awed and couldn't help but praise God for making all these things happen. 

Here are more pictures:  



When it's about to end, we were asked to put the small light bulbs on the world map that corresponds to our chosen country. 

They always give participants a souvenir. I like the message: Thank you for being the light of the world. 

There you go: a mug with the countries for 2017 project. It's my second mug from Missions Caravan. This would remind us the countries we need to reach out to.


Thoughts: 

If you had a mission, what would it be and why? 
What projects are you taking on this year and next year? What steps do you take to accomplish them? 
Do you usually have short-term goals? What are they? 

For me, I have always wanted to have a scholarship foundation as I was a scholar in high school and in college. I would like to pay it forward whatever help I received. I would like to support someone's dream and make it come true. While I was walking home, I was thinking of the name of my future foundation, "We support your dreams." What do you think? Is it nice?

I do have a lot of dreams -to travel to different places, build a two-storey house with a veranda and book cafe, create jobs for unemployed people, run my own business. hmmm. Sometimes I am impatient but I am reminded by the Words of God that there's always the season of waiting before dreams come to pass. I should learn to stretch my patience and wait patiently but with an expectant heart.

That's all for today, guys. I hope you all have a great weekend. Please do comment below and let's talk about projects and missions.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Won and I Lost

A Visit to Hundred Islands