Thoughts #4: My First Longchamp Bag... authentic?

my first Longchamp Neo Medium :)
I have been thinking of writing a post about my first ever Longchamp bag that after a million thoughts and observations of people carrying LC bags, I finally decided to get one. I was smiling and beaming the whole afternoon of Wednesday and couldn't wait to go home to check every detail to make sure that I got the authentic one. 

Prior to buying this, I visited Lazada's website countless times, read the customer's reviews, compared LC bags from different sellers, and observed people in the mall or in High Street carrying different LC bags, which color and size I liked the most and which one really suited me. Also, I often asked myself, "Do I really want it?" I have been trying to shake off the desire but it still lingered. What really made me decide to buy one was when I told my Japanese student about it, she got interested to get one too 'cause obviously it's cheaper from the one in the boutiques. However, she's dubious 'cause she already had a bad experience in online shopping in her country, plus, she hasn't tried online shopping in the Philippines. She said if I would buy first and verified that the product was authentic, then she would get one using my Lazada account. I guessed that was the green light. The bag was in my wish list, thus, I clicked the add to card button right away and viola, got mine in six days. It was delivered to my workplace around noon. I was really happy when I finally got hold of my own LC bag. :) Can you feel my happiness? hahhaa 

When I got home, I've read tons of blogs on how to spot an authentic LC bag. Also, I asked my Japanese student to bring hers too so I can compare mine with hers 'cause I know hers is undoubtedly authentic as she bought it in a boutique in Singapore. 

For my readers who plan to buy an LC bag but don't want to flush their hard-earned money into the toilet, below are the things you need to check out. This is also based on the blogs I've read. I hope this will help you somehow. 

1. The strap is not adjustable. 

2. The Modele Depose at the back of the bag is clear and the accents of the letters "E" are put at the correct places. 

3. Correct serial number on the plastic tag in the bag:  the first four digits is the size, the next three digits is the bag model and the last three digits is the color. 


4. The zipper has YKK Vislon 5VSt engraved at the bottom part of the zipper. 

5. The jockey logo is indented at the back of the flap. 
Here are more pictures:  
That's the serial number from the plastic wrapper. 

They said that the authentic has a dark green string in its dust bag. And really it is. 




There should be a plastic disc at the back of the snap button. 

The four-flap care card. 


And for more details please check out this blog:  http://www.thebaginvestigator.com/how-to-spot-longchamp-le-pliage-neo/

I am not really sure if mine is authentic or not, but I would love to believe it is so. Hey, whoever out there who can authenticate my bag, I would be thrilled to be given such a favor. I shall greatly appreciate it. 

Then, here are my thoughts: 

When it comes to designer bags, we really carve out our personal time on checking out every detail of our dearest possessions to check whether we got the authentic one. We don't want to be fooled or cheated on. 

However, in our relationships, are we authentic? Are we genuine? Or, are we trying to take advantage of the people around us pretending to be someone who is not? Or, can we easily spot the fake ones, the hypocrites and the pretenders? Do we still stick to them? Or, do we leave them right away? Should we invest our time and emotions? 

If you have some questions, please do comment below. Or you can share your experiences as well in authenticating your bags. Please leave your comments and I would be more than happy to read and comment back. 

Thank you guys. That's all for today!!! Happy Sunday. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Won and I Lost

Thoughts #2: Missions Caravan 2017

A Visit to Hundred Islands